- 64% of students achieved English and maths GCSEs at grades 9-4 (broadly similar to the old A*- C passes)
- 43% of students achieved English and maths GCSEs at grades 9-5 (broadly similar to the old A*- B passes)
- 75% of students achieved English language/literature GCSE at grades 9-4
- 54% of students achieved English language/literature GCSE at grades 9-5
- 72% of students achieved maths GCSE at grades 9-4
- 50% of students achieved maths GCSE at grades 9-5
- 61% of students achieved a standard pass in science
- 46% of students achieved a strong pass in science
- 37% of students were entered for the EBACC qualification
- 20% of students achieved the EBACC qualification
- Our Attainment 8 score is currently = 46.50. Our Attainment 8 score shows that they left with very high attainment. You can read more about these measures here and learn how they are calculated.
- Our Progress 8 score is -0.21
Please visit the Sixth Form area of this site to view our post-16 performance.
GCSE qualifications in England were revised by the government in 2017 to make them more demanding. This was to ensure that students leave school with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in 21st century Britain, and to match those of their peers in high-performing education systems elsewhere in the world.
Find out more about the changes here.
Ashington Academy became a new school in 2017 and has not been inspected as an academy.