WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
To succeed in this course you will need to be creative with good planning and organisational skills. You will also need good time keeping, good attendance and be able to work independently.
HOW IS THE COURSE GRADED?
The course consists of four units, three of which are mandatory and two that are externally assessed. The mandatory units are:
- Media representations – assessed by external written exam.
- Pre-production portfolio – this will be assessed internally and will require a portfolio to be created which will link into a secondary optional unit.
- Responding to a commission – externally assessed case study to be completed within a certain time period.
The optional units are:
- Website production – assessed internally
- Digital magazine production - assessed internally
WHAT IS NEXT FOR ME AFTER THIS COURSE?
Following completion of the course, students can progress to a Level 3 (advanced) course. The course prepares students for entry to college to study creative media related subjects.
Students can also progress to employment in areas including; web design, photography, graphic design and gaming.