- Describe different types of businesses, their purposes and ownership using at least two examples.
- Investigate how business resources are obtained and managed by defining human, technical and physical resources and discussing how they are managed.
- Explore the concept and techniques of marketing and apply knowledge to two business examples.
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria
Unit 2 Write up of first draft of P1, P3, M1, P4, P6
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria P1, P2
Complete research into the activities and purpose of two business organisations of your own choice.
Unit 3 Introduction to marketing/research the history, activities and marketing techniques used in two business organisations.
- Consider the stakeholders who influence different businesses and discuss the impact they have on two contrasting organisations.
- Discuss how business control and manage budgets.
- Compare and evaluate the marketing techniques used by two businesses.
Unit 2 Completion of draft of M4, D3, D1,
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria M1, D1
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria P2, P6, M1, D1
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Find research/statistics/data which supports your recommendations for improving the effectiveness of marketing techniques.
- Create organisation charts for two contrasting organisations and explain how the style of organisation helps them achieve their purpose.
- Investigate how businesses recruit and retain staff.
- Examine the purpose, use and limitations of market research and understand it's role in the development of marketing plans.
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria P3, P4,
Unit 2 Preparation of first draft of P2 and M2.
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria P2, P3, M2
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - complete your own market research for two businesses and analyse the results.
- Compare the challenges to selected business activities with two businesses who operate in two different economic environments.
- Ensure all material from case study visit is threaded through all work completed so far.
- Preparation for meeting with case study.
- Preparation of work for M4, D3 and D1.
- Illustrate the use of two analytical techniques in marketing planning and investigate ways in which the validity of market research can be improved.
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria P5, M2
Unit 2 Review of draft 1.
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria P4, D2
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Research common analytical techniques.
- Analyse how political, legal and social factors have impacted on the two businesses you have chosen.
- Discuss how financial ratios can help measure performance.
- Consider the different types of customers that a business targets and how they succeed in meeting the needs of each target market.
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria P6, M3, D3
Unit 2 Preparation of draft version of P7, M3, D2
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria P5
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Research the different market segments of two businesses.
- Evaluate how future changes in economic, political and social factors will affect the strategy of one of your chosen organisations.
- Act on feedback given during first draft stage and act on advice.
- Investigate the concept of the marketing mix and create a marketing mix for a new product or service which meets the needs of its target market.
Unit 1 The Business Environment - Criteria D2
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Criteria P6, M3
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing - Explore ideas for a new product of service for a chosen business.