Students will also study the civil law of Tort, which includes negligence and the liability of occupiers for injuries suffered on their premises. In the final year of the course, students will cover the law of contract, including consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Law of Tort – Negligence, Occupiers Liability and civil defences.
- English legal systems
- Civil and criminal court structure
- Criminal law – Non-fatal offences
- Law of Tort – Nuisance and rule in Rylands v Fletcher, Vicarious liability, Economic loss and psychiatric injury.
- Law and relationship with morality and justice
- Competing interests in law
- Contract law
- Criminal law – fatal offences and property offences, defences.