Students - what you should do:
- It is really important for your future to keep working hard and follow the school routine as far as you can.
- Log on to your school email at least twice per day at 08.50am and 12.55pm, to check for messages from teachers and make sure you understand what work you need to complete. You can do this by clicking the ‘Student POD’ link at the top of our webpage www.ashingtonacademy.co.uk
- Follow your normal timetable, sticking as far as possible to the times specified.
- Complete all work to the best of your ability and as neatly as possible. Use the exercise book provided where appropriate.
- Communicate with teachers by school email during school hours if you are not sure what to do. Wherever possible, teachers will respond promptly to queries.
IT/online learning help:
- You will also need your email address to log into student POD and to Seneca Learning.
- If you have any IT queries, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will aim to respond to you as quickly as possible.
PARENTS / CARERS - WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOUR CHILD IS WORKING AT HOME:
- Provide a quiet space for your child to work in.
- Encourage your child to complete all work to the best of their ability and as neatly as possible.
- Ask your child about the work they are doing and help them where you can; a great way of doing this is by testing or quizzing them on what they have learned.
- Keep your child’s email login details safe and remind them of them where necessary.
- If you have any general queries, please contact the school enquiries line on email@example.com
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD IS ILL:
- If your child in unable to attend school because they are unwell or because they are self-isolating because of a family member being unwell, please report this as usual to school.
- Please follow NHS guidance in relation to Coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We understand that this is a difficult and worrying time, and we aim to keep parents and students updated and informed regularly in relation to what is happening with school. Please continue to check our website for further updates.
National Online Safety
National Online Safety (NOS) have published lots of helpful information and tips for staying safe online. NOS also have handy guides on popular apps such as TikTok, Snapchat and Netflix as well as advice and guidance for remote learning. https://nationalonlinesafety.com/training